WCPSS Email is Moving to Outlook
- All WCPSS students began the 2017-18 school year using Outlook email.
- We have successfully migrated the first group of employee email accounts to Outlook.
- We will continue to migrate employee accounts by school and department in the coming months.
- Technology Services will send an email to employees about a week before their accounts are scheduled to be migrated to advise of the upcoming change.
What you need to know about moving to Outlook:
- Your email address will not change.
- Once your account has been migrated, you will access your Outlook email throught the WakeID Portal at wakeid.wcpss.net. If you have not claimed your WakeID account, please do so as soon as possible. If you need more information about this process, visit http://mywakeid.wcpss.net/.
- You will have READ-ONLY access to email in your Lotus Notes account. Your existing email contacts and folders will be migrated to your new Outlook account. Any mail rules you have set in Lotus Notes will not be migrated.
- Once your account is migrated, you will be able to access your WCPSS Outlook email from the web, a mobile application and a client application already installed on staff computers as part of Microsoft Office. IMPORTANT: Use of the locally installed Outlook email client to access WCPSS email is prohibited on personal computers.
- Please note that the district will not support any email applications downloaded on your personal mobile devices. Quick guides and other Outlook support resources will be available soon.
Contact the WCPSS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 664-5700